I'm sure you ladies definitely know a thing or two about applying mascara, but today we're going to show you the 5 most common mascara mistakes, and how to avoid them.
1. Spidey Lashes: Applying too many coats of mascara can wreak havoc on your delicate lashes. Apply 2-4 coats of mascara and stop there! Any more will clump up as your makeup dries and will cause spider lashes (and in some cases, itchy eyes!).
2. Pumping Your Mascara: Pumping the wand in and out of your mascara tube may be fun, but its ruining your mascara! When you pump, you pump air into the tube causing the formula to dry up faster than it normally would. Nobody wants to apply tar to their lashes.
3. Using Expired Makeup: Most mascaras last up to 3 months- the reason for such a short life span is the amount of bacteria that grows inside your mascara tube. Using a mascara older than that can put you at risk for infections, pink eye, and itchiness! When you purchase your mascara, mark it with the date that you purchased it and keep that as your guide. Toss it after 3 months!
4. Half-Coating Lashes: The whole point of mascara is to make lashes look long and fluffy, but the most common mistake women make is only coating the tips of their lashes. That actually makes lashes appear shorter! Try tilting your head back, look straight ahead, and place the wand as close to your roots as possible. Wiggle the wand into the roots and up the lashes for the full effect. You will notice a difference immediately!
5. Being Too Aggressive: Think applying is a sport? Tone it down a little. Sometimes when we apply mascara too rough, we get mascara on our eyelids, ruining all the pretty eyeshadow we just applied. Avoid that by using gentle stroke and clean up any spots with our Makeup Remover Pen.
What's Your Worst Mascara Habit?