I live, breathe and die for bringing all my friends together! I'm the queen of lists and cheesy ideas! Planning the perfect party is super easy and here's the how to do it yourself!
1. Find the perfect location!
Location is the first key to planning the perfect party! Find a place that can accomodate all your friends, food, and isolated enough that neighbors won't complain about your music and boistorous conversations!
2. Pick a theme!
Theme, theme, theme! Theme is the glue that holds your party together. It is the basis of the food and drinks you serve, the games you play, and the music that sets the mood! Choose something fun, quirky, and chic! Thinking outside the box is good!
3. Create a menu!
Create a menu of food based on your theme! If you choose a backyard bbq, pick out some southern dishes like fried chicken, biscuits, and sweet tea! If you're having an 80's party, serve Pop Rocks cupcakes, Jello Pudding Pops, and keep tons of TAB on ICE! Mexican Fiesta? Try a taco bar, margarita cupcakes and TONS of gaucamole! Stay tuned for more ideas!
4. Create the perfect mood with music!
Steer clear of top 40 because I'm sure we all hear enough of it on our long commutes and while shopping around the mall! Instead, put together a playlist based on your theme! Check out our sample themes and playlists below!
5. Wear something cute and have lots of fun!
Here are some sample party themes, food ideas, and playlists!
1. Mexico By James Taylor
2. Beer in Mexico By Kenny Chesney
3. Fiesta By R. Kelly and Jay Z
4. Livin' La Vida Loca By Ricky Martin
5. Walking on Sunshine By Katrina and the Waves
Tea Party Wedding Shower!
1. Heaven Is a Place on Earth By Belinda Carlisle
2. Just Like Heaven By The Cure
3. The Shoop Shoop Song By Betty Everett
4. Going To The Chapel By the Dixie Cups
5. You Are The Best Thing By Ray LaMontagne
The Ultimate 80's PARTY!
1. Sunglasses At Night By Corey Hart
2. Take On Me By Aha
3. Your Love By The Outfield
4. Don't Stop Believing By Journey
5. You Make My Dreams Come True By Hall & Oates
Backyard BBQ Hoe Down!
1. American Girl By Tom Petty
2. Mud On The Tires By Brad Paisley
3. Head Full Of Doubt/Road Full Of Promise By The Avett Brothers
4. Little Miss By Sugarland
5. Friends In Low Places By Garth Brooks
What are some of your favorite party themes?!
e.l.f. Social Media Maven
PS - First 20 commenters get a $5 coupon!