- Before exposing your skin to any self-tanning product - it's super important to exfoliate firts. Exfoliating helps to remove dead skin cells that lye on the surface of the skin, and when not removed - it can leave it dry and dull-looking and nobody wants that!
- Make sure to exfoliate from your head toyour toes! Concentrate on areas that tend to be more dry, like your elbows, knees and feet.
- If you don't have an exfoliator - try making one from home! All you have to do is mix together organic honey and sugar in a bowl - and viola, a homemade exfoliator in seconds! Yiipppeee!
- When applying a self-tanner - I like to start at my feet and work my way up - in small circular motions.
- If you don't like the smell of self-tanners - try applying it at night - so you can shower when you wake up and be fresh and tanned in the morning.
Sandy Gold is always up to date with the latest and hottest beauty trends as a Professional Makeup Artist, Beauty Consultant and the Creator of the popular Beauty Blog - www.happiface.com.
She is also an online beauty video producer and host, creating how-to makeup videos on YouTube [which have received over 4 million hits and is #99 - Most Subscribed (All Time) in Canada]. Her make.up videos teach real women easy-do-it yourself tips and techniques on how to look and feel great each and everyday, and have received recognition from The New York Times, The Rachael Ray Show, Good Morning America, SELF Magazine, The Toronto Star and The National Post.
She has also created flawless faces for many well known celebrities and athletes like: Elle Macpherson, Viggo Mortensen, Chris Bosh, Mats Sundin, Kevin Bacon and Jeff Daniels, to name a few.
Today, you can catch Sandy demonstrating some of her tips and techniques as a Beauty Expert on a variety of television, radio and online media like: CBC - The Steven and Chris Show, Breakfast Television, Global News at Six, Elle Canada and FLARE.com.