Refine Your Results By:
What top 3 eye brushes do I need?
An expert-worthy eyeshadow application all starts with the right team of brushes. Not sure what eye brushes you actually need in your makeup arsenal? It’s not as many as you think. You can create a variety of looks—from everyday muted accents to all-out dramatic smoky eyes—using this trio of cruelty-free, must-have eye makeup brushes:
- Flat Eyeshadow Brush: for packing the pigment onto your lids
- Eyeshadow Crease Brush: for effortless blending and diffusing of your favorite colors
- Eyeliner Brush: for creating precise lines with total control
How do I use an eye smudge brush?
Make your eyes the prize using an eye smudge brush–a short, curved brush designed to enhance, define, and contour your eyes with bold eyeshadow color. The dense vegan bristles are key for blending out colors and smudging lines for your desired intensity.
Ready to create a stunning smoky eye? Here’s how to make your eye smudge brush work to your advantage:
- After you apply your contrasting eyeshadow colors to your lids, use your smudge brush to blend colors together in a back and forth motion.
- To smoke out your look and soften eyeliners, dampen your brush and smudge along your lash lines and water lines with small strokes.
How do I clean eyeshadow brushes?
Even though your eyeshadow brushes don’t have the heavy duty job of applying a full face of liquid foundation, they still require regular TLC. It’s important to clean your eye brushes at least once every two weeks to dissolve any lingering color, wash away bacteria, help them last longer, and ensure they perform their best at each makeup application.
Here’s your step-by-step guide to cleaning your eye makeup brushes properly:
- Rinse your brush head (bristles only) under running lukewarm running water to remove surface-level makeup and grime
- Fill a bowl with lukewarm water and add brush cleaner, then swirl the head of each brush in the sudsy water
- Run them along a textures makeup brush cleaning glove to get a deeper clean and straighten out the bristles
- Rinse bristles under running water again until the water runs clear off the brush
- Lay brushes flat to dry on a towel with the bristles hanging off a counter ledge
What brush should I use for under eye concealer?
If you’re looking to cover up dark under eye circles for a bright-eyed look, arm yourself with a flat under eye concealer brush. The wide base of the brush’s flat, concentrated bristles are designed to pick up the perfect amount of concealer, then effortlessly blend it out around your eyes and nose for smooth, targeted coverage.