We recently went down to our e.l.f. Studio Store in downtown Manhattan to meet with Aliza, one of the in-store makeup artists who specializes in incredible special effects makeup! Case in point, Aliza turned this elfette into a scary skeleton, complete with ONLY e.l.f. products! Wanna pull off this look for Halloween?
1. First, we mixed our Studio HD Mattifying Cream Foundation in Porcelain with our Essential Eyelid Primer in Pearl (But any white e.l.f. eyeshadow will do the trick!) and applied with an Essential Blending Wedge in a thick layer all over the face for a spooky, pale white skull.
2. Next, we blended out the foundation with the Studio Mineral Powder Brush to ensure full coverage. Don’t forget to go over the lips, and under the eyes!
3. Trace out your skeleton’s features with Studio Cream Eyeliner in Black, using the Studio Small Precision Brush. Outline the eye sockets, jawbone, temples, forehead, and teeth. Then, gently blend the forehead line and jawbones with the Studio Angled Contour Brush to soften.
4.Start filling in your skeleton’s eyes with Studio Cream Eyeliner in Black, applied slightly wet with the Studio Eyeshadow “C” Brush.
5. Then, fill in the hollow part of the temples and jaw with Studio Cream Eyeliner in Black, using a smaller Studio brush if necessary to fill in the smaller spaces!
6. Draw a small, narrow triangle of bone sliver on the bridge of the nose with the Studio Cream Eyeliner in Ivory and the Studio Angled Eyeliner Brush before filling in the nose. Then, draw bone cracks coming out from the eye sockets with eyeliner.
7. Fill in teeth with Studio Cream Eyeliner in Ivory with the Studio Small Precision Brush.
8. Adjust the outlines of any teeth that may have been covered up with eyeliner. Then, give everything a gentle blend to soften any lines that are too harsh to complete this terrifying look!