For those of us who love to switch up our makeup routine, here’s a guide to the top 10 Summer makeup must haves! Some of you tend to just ditch makeup altogether for the summer, but this post will take you through what’s hot and what’s not for the Summer season.
1. Waterproof Mascara: A lot of people think waterproof mascara is too harsh for every day use, but it’s totally necessary in the summer heat. If you’re heading to an air-conditioned office, then you may be able to skip this step, but for the beach bums and happy hour ladies out there- go for waterproof. Your excessive sweating will thank you later.
2. Cream Blush/Bronzer: Nothing says summer like splotchy powder blush. Go for the dewy look by using cream products like our Contouring Blush & Bronzing Cream. This way, if anything moves around throughout the day, you can easily blend it back in with your fingertips. Plus skin looks AMAZING and glowy when cream products are used.
3. Primer: During the winter, skin produces less oil and sweat so most of us are lucky enough to have our makeup stay in place. But once the heat hits and we start to sweat, our makeup can tend to shift throughout the day. Applying a Face Primer will keep makeup in place all day, making your summer routine quick and low maintenance.
4. Bronzer: Keeping skin healthy is the MOST important, but we all want to look gloriously tan in the summer. Fake it using bronzer- specifically Baked Bronzer. The luminous formula of Baked Bronzer is ideal for creating a natural, healthy looking summer glow without looking too contoured or obvious.
5. Sheer Lips: Going for a full on lipstick may look a little too made up for some during the Summer. Try embracing your natural lip color using a Lip Balm Tint or even a Jumbo Lip Gloss Stick for a sheer wash of color.
6. Tinted Moisturizer: Let your skin breathe this summer by using as little face products as possible. Tinted Moisturizer is the perfect go-to product, combining moisturizer, SPF, and a bit of coverage. Conceal any areas specifically, instead of going full on foundation mask. For Summer nights- go for a liquid foundation as matte finishes and powders will look unnatural.
7. Cream Eyeshadow: Because its long lasting, and looks EXTREMELY pretty during the summer months. When your skin has that dewy summer glow, powder eyeshadows will look a little cakey. If you absolutely love your powder eyeshadows, then use Cream Eyeshadow as a base.
8. Bright Lipstick: Always wanted to pull of Hot Pink lips? How about Tangerine? Now’s the time to experiment with brights. Try our Essential Lipstick in ‘Sociable’ or Jumbo Lip Gloss Stick in ‘Flirty & Girly’ for the perfect summer hot pink. Check out our Essential Lipstick in ‘Captivating’ for a pop of orange.
9. Waterproof Eyeliner: Sweat proof eyeliner is vital for surviving in the heat. It’ll stay in place and wont end up on your upper eyelid (or cheeks). Try Cream Eyeliner– its easy to apply, will stay put, and comes in AMAZING colors. My summer fave is ‘Teal Tease’.
10. Nail Polish: This Summer’s nail trends are all about brights, pastels, and glitter! Keep it fun by mixing and matching colors and textures, but stay away from any dark wine shades- save those for fall/winter. Try our Nail Cube in ‘Brights’ for an awesome variety!
What are YOUR Summer Makeup Must Haves?