Refine Your Results By:
- Refine by Color: Pink
- Refine by Color: Red
- Refine by Color: Berry
- Refine by Color: Brown
- Refine by Color: Purple
- Refine by Color: Coral
- Refine by Color: Orange
- Refine by Color: Black
- Currently Refined by Color: Nude
- Color is not selectable Blue
- Color is not selectable Bronze
- Color is not selectable Clear
- Color is not selectable Gold
VariationsSale Price $3.00
Original Price$6.00Sale Price $4.80
All About Lipstick FAQs
On the hunt for your new favorite lipstick? With so many different types of lip products out there, the choices can feel endless, especially since selecting lipstick colors (from a sea of thousand of colors!) is only once piece of the puzzle. There are also different formulas, textures, and finishes to consider when selecting a lipstick, all of which fall into four main categories. The good news is, all these options means there is a lipstick out there for every person, occasion, and mood.
- Matte lipstick: Looking to turn up the drama with your lip look? Go matte. Matte lipsticks are ultra-pigmented and deliver a flat, non-glossy finish to your lips for a full-coverage effect. Matte lipsticks tend to be the most bold and long-lasting. Opt for a vitamin-infused formula to prevent unwanted dryness at the end of the day.
- Sheer or Glossy lipstick: It looks like a lipstick and delivers the nourishing benefits of lip balm—say hello to your wear-anywhere sheer lipstick, offering the best of both worlds. Ideal for an everyday “off duty” look, sheer lipsticks deliver dialed-down color with a hint of sheen and are perfect for tossing in your purse for easy touchups throughout the day. Select a silky formula infused with natural oils and vitamins for soft, hydrated lips.
- Satin lipstick: If you’re after that silky application and creamy feel, a smooth-as-satin lipstick fits the bill. They saturate your lips with pigment, offering a bit more coverage and color payout than a sheer or glossy lipstick. This lush type of formula is often infused with moisturizing ingredients like macadamia seed, jojoba, and meadowfoam oils to nourish you lips while you rock your favorite color-rich shade.
- Liquid lipstick: Liquid lipstick looks and applies more like a lip gloss, but delivers full coverage, intense color like a traditional lipstick in a tube. Choosing a liquid formula over a solid is a matter of preference, but the benefits include weightless wear easy application with a wand.
How to apply lipstick?
For many, lipstick is an essential makeup product that they can’t live without. If forced to choose one type of makeup above all others, they opt for a product that enhances and adorns the lips. And for good reason. Affordable lipstick comes in a wide range of colors, from nude to pink to red, burgundy and beyond. It’s also available in a variety of textures, including satin, like the best-selling SRSLY Satin Drugstore Lipstick to matte, like the popular Liquid Matte Lipstick. When applying lipstick, it helps if your lips are smooth and free of dry skin, so if necessary, start with an exfoliating product like a lip exfoliator or lip scrub to buff lips to a silky finish. Next, use a lip liner in a shade that matches your lipstick to fill and outline your lips. Then, apply your lipstick over the liner, using a lipstick brush or your fingers or applying the lipstick straight from the tube—your choice! Work from the center outward. Finally, place a tissue between your lips and gently press to blot and set your lipstick in place.
How long does lipstick last?
That depends on what you do while you’re wearing your lipstick. Obviously if you will be eating, drinking or kissing, your lipstick will wear off more quickly. Generally, you can expect your lipstick to stay on for about three to six hours. However, a long-lasting formula like a liquid matte lipstick will stay put for much longer. To help extend the life of a satin or cream lipstick, try applying a little bit of foundation or concealer to your lips first, then fill them in with lip liner. Apply your lipstick, blot with a tissue and then set it with a small amount of translucent finishing powder.
What color lipstick should I wear?
A better question might be, what color lipstick shouldn’t I wear? Lipstick colors are like any accessory—you can choose them to match your outfit or your mood. That said, it’s always wise to choose a neutral lipstick color that can serve as your ride or die for everyday wear. Go with a neutral that’s one or two shades darker than your natural lip color. After that, the sky is the limit! Brighter or deeper shades can add drama to your look and reds are always classic. As a general rule, choose lipstick colors that complement your skin tone. For example, if you look best in warm colors, opt for corals, peaches and orange reds. If cool tones are more flattering for you, pick pinks and blue-red lip colors.
Does lipstick expire?
Like all cosmetics, lipsticks will expire eventually. Typically a lipstick can be expected to last for 12 to 24 months. However, if it is kept in extremely hot or cold conditions or in direct sunlight, it may expire faster. If your lipstick is dry or flaky, if the color is off-tone or faded or if you notice an unusual odor, it’s best to toss it and replace it with a new one.
How do I remove lipstick?
A satin lipstick or lip gloss will come off easily with a tissue or with a gentle makeup remover such as the Holy Hydration! Makeup Cleansing Balm. Simply work the balm into your lipstick and wipe it off with a damp cotton pad or a cleansing cloth. To remove a long-lasting liquid matte lipstick, apply a drop of face oil, such as the nourishing face oil, to your lips. Gently work the oil in with your finger and wipe off the lipstick with a cotton pad. Once your lipstick is removed, rehydrate your lips with a moisturizing formula like a calming lip balm.