Vitamin C Skincare
Refine Your Results By:
- Refine by Key Ingredients: Argan Oil
- Refine by Key Ingredients: Hyaluronic Acid
- Refine by Key Ingredients: Niacinamide
- Refine by Key Ingredients: Rose Hip Oil
- Refine by Key Ingredients: Squalane
- Refine by Key Ingredients: Vitamin B3
- Refine by Key Ingredients: Vitamin C
- Refine by Key Ingredients: Vitamin E
Vitamin C Skin Benefits
What does Vitamin C do for your skin?
- Vitamin C is literally the ‘brightest’ thing you can do for your skin. It is a results driven and research proven nutrient that is known to improve skin tone, texture and elasticity.
Why is Vitamin C good for your skin?
- Vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid, acts as a potent antioxidant that helps to protect cells from the damage to your skin caused by free radicals.
- The primary function of the skin is to act as a barrier against external aggressors from our environment. Vitamin C supports the thicker inner layer of the skin (the dermis) by helping improve and maintain tone, elasticity and strength. In turn, the epidermis (the outer layer of the skin) appears healthier, brighter and plump.
What are the skin benefits of Vitamin C?
- Vitamin C and collagen levels work hand in hand. When we are younger, the levels of Vitamin C and collagen are abundant in our skin. As we age, both begin to deplete, and skin becomes thinner and less supple.
- Now, our body is unable to produce more vitamin C on its own, so supplementing our complexion with vitamin C has a wealth of benefits.
- Not only does it help promote collagen production, vitamin C can neutralize the effects of sun damage and other environmental aggressors.
- Over time, vitamin C will begin brighten and/or inhibit dark spots caused by the sun. How? Our skin contains cells called melanocytes. Melanocytes contain the melanin that produces the dark spot. Vitamin C helps inhibit the release of melanin that is triggered by the sun. Existing, older dark spots may take more time. Consistency is key!
When should I apply Vitamin C?
- For optimal results, apply vitamin C daily in the morning. Don’t forget, it’s skin loving BFF, sun protection!.
Now that you know Vitamin C is so good for your skin, it comes in a variety of products including a vitamin C serum, antioxidant booster drops, facial sheet masks and even in face primer.